If you have an emergency during business hours (excluding public holidays), please contact First Community Management on 1800 413 616 immediately.
The owners corporation is responsible for the repair and maintenance of common property within the strata scheme.
If you have a common property repair need, Please contact your First Community Strata Manger who will be able to assist you with your needs
Common property generally includes:
- Boundary walls including any door, window or other structure within the wall and their working parts
- Ceramic tiles originally attached to a common property surface
- Pipes or electrical wiring in the common property or servicing more than one lot
- Vermiculite ceilings, plaster ceilings and cornices
- Balcony walls and doors are usually common property if the strata plan was registered after 1 July 1974.
The common property boundaries of each lot are generally formed by:
- The upper surface of the floor (but not including the carpet)
- The under surface of the ceiling
- All external or boundary walls (including doors and windows) – Exceptions are in place for Pre 1974 Schemes
SERIOUS EMERGENCIES | CALL 000 – Triple Zero
Dial 000 – For police, fire or ambulance in a life or property threatening time critical emergency situation.
What is Generally Considered and Emergency :-
- Failure of electricity supply
- Failure of Water Supply
- Failure of Gas supply
- Lift Stoppage
- Garage Door Jamming in the “Up” or “Down” Position
- Burst Water Pipe
- Sewer Choke
The examples listed below are emergencies that apply to your individual lot or unit only and they do not form part of the common property of the building. Unfortunately they are not the responsibility of the owners corporation to repair or maintain and you will need to arrange your own emergency trades person at your own cost. If you are a tenant and you are renting, you will need to contact your real estate agent or landlord, who will be able to assist you.
- Burst Internal Hot-Water Tank
- Toilet Cistern Not Flushing or Leaking
- Stove / Fridge Not Working
- Dishwasher /Washing Machine / Dryer Not Working
For all NSW residential buildings please contact:
For Plumbing Emergencies – Sydney Plumbing – 1300 730 521 or 0425 219 242
Electrical Emergencies – BAM Electrical – 0421 281 165 or 0431 628 567 or 0420 472 598
Locksmith – 0478 779 984
Gates & Garage Doors – 0411 095 467